CONVERGENCE is Available To NetGalley Readers Until Feb. 20

Convergence - Michael Patrick Hicks

Calling all sci-fi/cyberpunk/thriller NetGalley reviewers - my debut novel, Convergence, is available for request until Feb. 20 right over here.

I'm happy to say I recently received my first bit of feedback from this site, and feel a good deal of relief. Putting work out there is always a bit scary, so it's tremendously rewarding to know readers are digging it. Reviewer 'kim r.' gave Convergence a 4 out of 5 stars, writing, "I really loved this book. ...vivid futuristic society and the idea of the main character taking memories makes for an interesting read."

It's funny how good a positive review feels. Even though Publisher's Weekly has already called it a "smart splice of espionage and science fiction. ... frighteningly realistic. Well-drawn characters, excellent pacing, and constant surprises make this a great cautionary tale about technology and its abuses." And never mind that one of my peers, fellow sci-fi author Lucas Bale, said, "Hicks writes like Philip K Dick and Robert Crais combined, making for clean, exciting prose. He focuses on the story and never let's go."

Making readers happy is a top priority for any writer, I think, and I hope that if you check out this book you'll dig reading it as much as I loved writing it (and it's follow-up, Emergence).

And if you're not on NetGalley, you can pick up Convergence for only $3.99 at Amazon. Be sure to post your thoughts for other readers, too!